Founders Day kicks off every year with a parade through the neighborhood!
The parade starts at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, at Glenwood Park in Lents.
The route then heads north on 92nd Avenue, through the Lents Town Center, to Lents Park.
Some of the participants in the Founders Day Parade include:
- Mayor Sam Adams
- County Commissioner Judy Shiprack
- the state champion Lents Little League
- the Outsiders Motorcycle Club
- the PDXBrownClowns
- the Multnomah Youth Commission
- the PGE Electric car and more!
- The last regiment of syncopated drummers
- Chinese Lion Dancers
- Local children and families are encouraged to join the Lents Neighborhood Association and the Village Free School as we pull up the rear of the parade on bicycles.
The parade will conclude at Lents Park, where an afternoon of cultural celebrations, information booths and free food await visitors.
Drivers are encouraged to use Powell Boulevard, Holgate Boulevard or Flavel Street for east-west travel during the parade, which will cross Foster Road at 92nd Avenue. Portland Police will assist with traffic control.